THE Woolite $10 Gift Card Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE THE $10 GIFT CARD. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF RECEIVING A CARD.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE. The Woolite $10 Gift Card Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m EDT on March 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59pm EDT on October 15, 2013 or whenever the goal of 500 entries have been received. To receive a gift card eligible individuals (see Section 2 below for eligibility requirements) must visit www.samplingeffectiveness.com/woolitewashed (“Web Site”) and follow the on-screen instructions to submit the entry form including name, city, state, age, gender, phone number, email address, where sample received, and answer a few questions about your use of certain brand products. Limit 1 entry per household. Consumers will be notified once the quota has been reached. A follow-up survey will be sent approximately 120 days after registering; once that survey has been completed, the gift cards will be mailed within 60 days. Those who do not provide the required information in their entry form or survey, or abide by these Official Rules and other instructions of Sponsor will be disqualified. All entries become property of Sampling Effectiveness Advisors (“Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are forged, altered, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, illegitimate, garbled, illegible, or generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and will be void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Woolite $10 giftcard giveaway is open only to legal residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are the age of majority in their primary state of residence on the entry date. Only those consumers who received a Woolite sample in 2013 are permitted to participate in this promotion. Employees and agents of the Sponsor, Reckitt Benckiser and their respective parents, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies or promotional partners associated with this Drawing and relatives of and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Void where prohibited by law.
- PRIZE: The incentive is a $10 gift card (choice of Walmart or Target gift card) with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $10.00. .All details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the prize is a gift card, the issuer’s terms and conditions will apply. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules. If legitimately claimed, the prize will be awarded. All taxes (federal, state and local) and other expenses not specified in these Official Rules as being provided as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of the recipient.Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prize or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If winner does not accept or use the giftcard, the unaccepted or unused part of the gift card will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that gift card or portion of the gift card. No transfers, prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the stated prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated card amount will be awarded. Winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the gift card. Prizes will only be mailed or otherwise provided to verified winner’s addresses in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia unless in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EACH ENTRANT agreeS TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY Sponsor, Reckitt Benckiser and Their respective parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and the respective officers, directors, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, employees, representatives and agenTs of each FOR ANY liability whatsoever for injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession, MISUSE or awarding of THE prize, while preparing for, participating in any prize- OR related activity, including, without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss, OR accident to person or property. WINNER AGREES THAT THe PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, relative to the use or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, ITS quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, THE LUCKY PRIZE DRAWING ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, or re-routing resulting from any acts of any government or authority.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS: Sponsors are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, the entrant or by human error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program) or entries in excess of the stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, or misdirected entries, e-mail, mail, or Prize-related correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or entry information.
- GENERAL RULES: By participating in this gift card promotion (except where prohibited by law), entrants consent to the use of their names, pictures, likenesses, voices, biographical data, and/or any information contained in their entry in advertising, promotion and marketing materials throughout the world, including on the Internet, by the Sponsor, without additional compensation, notice, review, or approval. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating this promotion, including interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the gift card. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this promotion. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that the winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that person, even if the disqualified person may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. If the Gift Card Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Drawing. If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from him or her and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria otherwise the entry may be disqualified and any potential prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE DRAWING VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Disputes/Governing Law. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the entrant and any sponsor, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or the prize awarded, or the determination of the winner must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- OFFICIAL RULES. For a copy of these Official Rules, print out these pages or send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WOOLITE $10 Giftcard Winners, P.O. Box 706, Miamitown, OH 45041 by the end of the Prize Drawing Period. Only one (1) request of either type per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled. Vermont residents with a return address in Vermont may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
- THE SPONSOR OF THIS $10 Gift Card Promotion IS: Sampling Effectiveness Advisors, P.O. Box 706 Miamitown, OH 45041.